Sunday, April 15, 2012

Vacation!

 I've been on Spring Vacation with my family and we went to Florida to visit my parents in West Palm Beach!  It was perfect weather... warm, sun, fun!  Here are a few pics of my family and I enjoying our time in the sun... I think I gained 10 lbs from eating out at lunch and dinner each night! I have more photos but these are just a few...


     
     Easter Brunch!

A ride on the Clematis Street Trolley
Mom and Mark
Jupiter Beach
Diva Duck!
 My dad waited for 2 years to ride Diva Duck!  We had a blast on this Amphibious vehicle (made in Central New York BTW) and saw lots of sites while being thoroughly entertained by the tour guide!
Sunset at the West Palm Beach
City Place (where we stayed)
All in all, it was a fun trip and lots of warm sun.... but I am glad to be home in my own bed with no worries about kids disturbing other people around us.  I hope we can go again!

While I was away, I neglected to share my pages from Scrapbooking From the Inside Out monthly kit.  This month's kit is "Contentment" and I loved the rich jewel tones and fun embellishments.  It includes a Crafter's Workshop template designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer!
I will share  a page from my DT work with you today and I'll be back this week to share more!
 Monet's Waterlilies are my favorite paintings!  I had the priviledge of seeing them in person (again) at the Museum of Modern Art (MoMa) in NYC in March while i was there for the NAEA conference.  I am instantly calm when I walk into that room with the huge pastel hued paintings.  A sense of peace and clarity comes over me.  It's like stepping into a garden and breathing.  I am not sure why my brain feels peaceful other than the soft colors, lighting, and reminder of experiences while sitting next to a calm pond take hold of my brain... it just does.  I am amazed at the textures and the strokes of his brush.
 Using the template to create drippy elements and the spray to create waterlily reflections.
 I used light modeling paste through the stencil to create raised lilies and then added the reverse of the other lily for reflections and outlined with PITT Artist pens.

 Another view of the modeling paste with spray over top when dry!
This page is one of my favorites!  I love how the spray and the paper colors all create a visual correlation to the paintings.  I cut lily pads from papers too and journaled on one... Hope you enjoyed my details of this layout.  If you are loving the colors and product, check out the SFTIO kits!

I'll be back this week with more~

No comments: