Saturday, January 31, 2009

Welcome... Christopher Matthew!

Here's the official scoop:

I was shopping... big surprise there... in Target after walking the mall all day (trying to get things finished and 4 days overdue) and I started to feel crampy. I don't know how I got out of there so fast and drove home, but by the time I got down the road to my house, I was having serious contractions. I got home and hubby was just getting home too and I told him we have to go to the hospital. Well, you never saw a man move so fast! He grabbed all the bags and my water broke right there in the hall. We got to the hospital, got a gown on and monitor hooked up in 30 mins and I was in serious pain. Epidural started another 30 mins later... Thank the GOOD LORD! After it got started, I was ready to go! 5 pushes and WELCOME TO THE WORLD... Christopher Matthew was born on January 29, 2009 at 5:42pm.

He was 7 lbs. 14 oz. (now 7 lbs. 11 oz) and 20 1/4 " long.
Here are some pics of my new little man!

Christopher

Brand New... (my hair looks pretty good after labor huh?)

One Day Old

Big Brother, Mark! He was so cute about holding him.

Nicole is going to take amazing pics later! I am excited!

I feel pretty good, just really tired. Those hospitals are noisy and very busy! I had a room all to myself on Thursday night, but Friday the babies were coming and all the rooms filled up with roommates. So, I had one. Nurses coming in and out and family members visiting. I was so tired and distracted. All in all, we are adjusting well and I am excited to sleep in my own bed and be home! Thanks!

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Congrats on the new arrival Jen. He is absolutely beautiful.

Lori said...

Congrats Jen. Can't wait to see the little man in person!

jaz lee said...

Congrats Jen on your new bundle of joy!!!!He's such a lil darling!!and hey,ure looking good there ;)!!!

Tracy said...

He is amazing! Congratulations!!! See ya on the new mommies thread... aye! I have so long to go still! haha!

Heidi Kelley said...

Congratulations Jen!! He is gorgeous, and look at you. My gosh. I woulda loved to look like that after labor. Shooooooot, I would have liked to look that good three months AFTER giving birth, lol.

Unknown said...

Oh Jen, I can't tell you how happy I am for you and your family!! Congrats that baby Christopher FINALLY came, lol!! Keep those pics comein!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats.. hes absolutely gorgeous....

Mireille said...

oh my goodness hon he is looking GORGEOUS!!!
Congratulations to you!!
(and not only your hair looks good after this... gggggg!!!)
=)
amasing!