Tuesday, August 21, 2007

What I Learned about myself...

Okay, I am seriously bummed here. It is the last day before the Memory Makers Masters contest winners are announced and I didn't get a call. I have waited by the phone like a good girl and NOTHING. So, what have I learned from this nerve-wracking experience?

1) Nothing ventured nothing gained... What did I have to lose by submitting? I won't go to pieces, even though I am disappointed. I loved my layouts and now I have 5 pieces that I can submit elsewhere. I am of the mind that if you don't try , you can't win. I didn't win, but I'm proud that I tried and I will try, try again next year.

2) I'm very competitive. I knew that I liked to win, but who knew how competitive I was until I was looking at other's work and picking it apart. I know, childish right? It made me feel better at the time. I really am excited to see the new Masters and what they turned in to win. I need to appreciate other styles and be gracious. Hmmm that's harder than it sounds.

3) I need a LIFE... I am obsessed with the message boards... I have checked them every time I come within 10 feet of my computer. I am going nuts... I am ready to get back to school and wean myself off of this thing! However, I have completed more layouts than I've ever done in a 2 month time! I am on a creative streak and can see my style growing into something that is more me. I can only hope that it continues to change and be fun.

Well, that's it for now. I am going to go scrap some more and maybe work on some school stuff.... we start in 2 weeks now... I guess I need to move on and start thinking about that. It feels like fall today anyways.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the foundations lo. Glad you learned so much about yourself and feel you have grown from this experience. But keep submitting and glowing and growing. I see good things ahead for you!

Bon

Lisamariemlt said...

I'm thinking we all have goals dreams and desires---just keep doing and you will reach all yours
hugs
Lisa

ellen s. said...

pls don't be bummed...i think we all go through that when we decide to go for it in this business...your stuff is so cool!

LOl...being competitive stinks, doesn't it? i know i am LOL!