Monday, August 6, 2007

My birthday weekend!

We had a lot planned this weekend, in which my birthday fell on Saturday, so we decided to go out to dinner on Friday night. It was just Matt and I. We had a gift certificate from Christmas for my favorite restaurant, Julie's Place. Matt made the reservations & I called my Mom to babysit. She offered to have Mark stay overnight at their house. I was hesitant, but agreed. He's never slept in a regular bed before and I was certain that he would not cooperate and stay there all night. I got an email a few days before from some girls at work inviting people to meet them downtown that night. I was so excited to be going OUT for my birthday! So, the day was nice and HOT. I got dressed and we dropped Mark off at my parents. We had a fantastic dinner with a great bottle of wine. I had a salmon dish that was prepared on pan in front of our table with flames and it was YUMMY! We had dessert and coffee and then off we went downtown Syracuse. We met them in Armory Square and had a few drinks and lots of conversation! Then we went to Daisy Dukes (very much a hick bar with many bachorlette parties that night) to ride the mechanical bull. I had a dress on , so I just cheered and made fun of everyone. The girls did a shot with me at midnight to commemorate my 33rd birthday! Delish!
Then we went down the street to what used to be a cigar bar in search of the perfect cigar. yes, you heard right, I LOVE LOVE LOVE cigars... only once a year though. It was no longer a smoking bar... It's been a while since I've been there. So, we went to the store up the road and bought a vanilla flavored cigar each. OMG! So fun... that's where my downtown adventures ended and we went home for some private time. I was a happy birthday girl! Here's a few more pics!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like the perfect night. cute dress!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so glad you had a great time. It looks fun. Love the pictures. I bet Matt liked the sexy pose. My b-day is in Dec. & there is noway I will have as much fun as you did and I will be 35. YIKES!