Wednesday, July 8, 2015

UmWOWStudio and Hazel & Ruby Blog Hop

Today, I'm hopping with UmWowStudio and Hazel & Ruby! This is my last UmWowStudio project for my DT term. I love their chipboard embellishments as well as the stencils, flair, and confetti!   For this project, I used a UmWowStudio ATC window frame and a small jewelry box.  Here's how I did it!



 Yes, that's a nest inside the box peeking through the window!


I got the Hazel & Ruby 12 Inch DIY Decor Tape in Wooden Grain and Pass The Tissue Chevron Newsprint.
I covered the lid with the wooded grain tape.  It is huge and I can't wait to use it on something really large but for this project, I just covered the lid.  It was super easy and smooth to apply!
 Looks just like wood!
 Then I used the tissue paper to cover the sides of the box.  I applied Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft's Gel Medium to the box and smoothed the paper on then I brushed another coat over the paper.  The tissue paper was light and easy to cut! Love that chevron print too!
 Once dry, I drew markings by laying the UmWowStudio ATC Window Frame onto the lid and using a craft knife to cut the opening in the lid.
 The top part of the window has a piece of painted and stamped paper and the window has a transparent photo adhered before putting them together with the lid.  UmWowStudio Star Confetti was painted with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft's Texture Luxe™in Silver before adhering to the frame.
 The word was created by adding the Hazel & Ruby Greetings Words Stencil Masks over the tissue covered side.  Then, I painted it with Faber-Castell Design  Memory Craft Gelatos® colors in Metallic Blueberry and Margarita Mix.  I also used the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft's Texture Luxe™in Silver through an UmWowStudio Confetti Star Stencil as a finishing touch!  
  
This little box was so fun to make and now  I have a fun piece of art to display!  Thanks UmWowStudio for having me on the DT and for Hazel & Ruby for their generous product!  

Get more details about the hop here.

Find Hazel and Ruby:
Shop | Blog | Facebook


Find UmWowStudio:
Shop | Blog | Facebook

4 comments:

Mary Holshouser said...

Love this big window. The box is beautiful.
Can't wait to get some of these pieces and make my own box.
thanks for sharing.

Sheri said...

great project

sharon g said...

The woodgrain is such a great look. I'm SO loving this project. I am going to have to make one..

Ruth said...

This is such a beautiful box! Thank you for the detailed instructions, too!