Monday, March 5, 2012

Basically Bare- Finalist

 I am excited and nervous to announce that I have the honor to be chosen to participate in Basically Bare's final "exam" for their DT call.  I am a finalist! They are a relatively new company and I've loved what I've seen so far!!!  I strolled through their new products and picked out three of my favorite ones.  I've already got so many ideas and inspiration for future projects...

My first favorite is the Mixed Media Album - Tilly's Tabs:
This mixed media album is amazing!  It's perfect for me and my style... the cardboard covers (swoon!!!), canvas, chipboard, acrylic pages and the envelope.  It's absolutely perfect for my mixed media love!  There are endless possibilities!!  I would love to alter this book with the focus on textural materials such as modeling paste, embossing (both dry and powdered), felt, paint/ gesso, and many other natural materials.  I want to really dig into this one and rip away layers of the cardboard, build up surfaces, create imagery that makes someone think of nature, effects of weather on materials, and the general earthiness of life. Here are a few of my color choices and images that I'm inspired by and thinking of:
Lots of feathers, peeling paint-like look, erosion, drippy, layered goodness.  The final book would have so much texture and natural images.

This next book is one of those that grabbed my attention and immediately got me thinking of childish games and hidden faces...

The windows in this book are perfect for "peek-a-boo" images, intereactive items, and mixed media.  Here are some photos of my colors, images, and materials:
I love the European windows and doors with all their colors and textures... window boxes, faces peeking out, building elements, text/ quotes about home or architecture.

Finally, I would love to play with the banner set and use it either alone or with the books above.  These little banners are charming and full of possibilities...


 I absolutely LOVE the materials used and how they might be altered!  Here are a few of my past projects in which I have used banner pieces integrated into the artwork.

I would love a chance to join the Basically Bare team!  Thanks for letting me share my thoughts and inspiration for the products they make! If you leave a comment here on this post, one lucky commenter is going to receive a BIG grand prize pack, including all the CHA Winter Basically Bare albums and embellies! The winner will be chosen from the comments on all the finalist's blog posts. Please leave a comment before March 15th!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Jen, I love all of you inspiration photos and would love to see what you create! Good luck!
Hugs,
Gini

Katrina Hunt said...

Good luck sweetie!! Maybe we will both make it!!! Hugs, Katrina (ok..my capthca was assair?! LOL)

Jill said...

That banner set looks like it would be fun! Good luck! I hope you get in.

phamil said...

Jen, this is awesome news!!! You will do awesome!!!

Gine said...

GORGEOUS. LOVE all the Basically bare products =)
You would do awesome as a designer for them. Crossing my fingers for you

Bonita Rose said...

how exciting for you.... Ur work is so awesome, u are always inspiring me! xo hugs

Melissa said...

Oh my gosh I am so crossing my fingers for you and cheering you on!!! You would absolutely rock this team. I love the Basically Bare products too.

Amy said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you!! They would be crazy not to pick you, you always inspire me!! Crossing my fingers and toes for you :)

Jaime said...

Good luck Jen! Your work is so inspiring and your style is perfect for the Basically Bare products!!! The Tilly`s Tabs album looks like so much fun to play with. Love all the inspiration you shared!

DES said...

Wow! So many possibilities here!

Dena said...

Go Jen Go! Although you don't need the extra luck, girl you got this. Couldn't think of anyone better suited!

byondbzr said...

Congratulations Jen, and good luck!

AnnaB said...

That's so exciting! Huge congrats and I wish you the very best! The products you've choosen look awesome!

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous!!
Good luck!!!

Tracie H said...

Good Luck Jen .x.x.x.x.x.

Pam said...

Wow! This is fabulous news! I can't wait to see what you create with these. Good Luck!!!

Karen Shady said...

Congrats Jen.... and GOODLUCK... I love all your inspiration photos and cant wait to see what you create... Love your work... and you deserve a place xx