Monday, September 5, 2011

Truly last Italy post AND back to school!

Okay, so I said the last post was the last of the Italy pics, but well, I have a few more to share.  I had such a great trip there that I just had to share all of these photos.  It's not as good as being there but the photos are here for me to look at and remember all the sights, art and memories we made there.
Here are the last of the photos:

Greve, Italy (in the Tuscany region... Chianti Classico)


Vineyards
Ruffino Santedame Vineyards (makes a variety of local wines as well as Olive oil)


Fig trees growing on the grounds

Eduardo teaching us about the region and why Chianti and Chianti Classico are different in name.








Breathtaking views!

The barrel room







Dinner at another Ruffino estate.  GORGEOUS! 

Amazing etchings everywhere!



dessert... Tirimiso!

My new favorite wine!


Murano glass chandalier!


Leather markets in Florence



All the awardees... final night dinner celebration!


5 courses plus wine with each course!  WOW!  It was a wonderful time!
That is it for my Italy trip!  Let's just say that it was a trip of a lifetime!  I'm so proud of my husband's success and recognition.  I'm so lucky that I got to be there with him! 

I'm getting ready for school to start on Thursday and going back tomorrow for opening day festivities and getting my room ready.  It's exciting and I have butterflies yet again!  It never gets dull!

2 comments:

Jenny B in Indy said...

Love the pics! Gorgeous!

Delhi Hotels said...

Very nice pics. I think you have enjoyed very well.