This was my first time at the Craft and Hobby Association's show! I was super excited to go and represent Faber-Castell's new Design Memory Craft line! Being on the DT there, I knew that I'd have a blast teaching others how to use the fabulous products! I really do LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Plus, I couldn't wait to meet all of the other girls! So off I went on Monday to Chicago...
|Niagra Falls from the air! On my way to Chicago...|
|Cool slumped glass and art in Chicago's O'Hare Airport|
|Welcome to CHA!|
|Faber-Castell's DMC booth #1607|
|ART banner with lots of techniques|
|My yellow banner!|
|Chicago lit up at night!|
1. Crafter's Workshop templates... Julie Fei-Fan Balzar has designed some of the new line and they are so fun! I love the punchinella and woodgrain the best but can't wait to get my hands on many others!
2. Prima's Printery Line... OMG> Completely up my alley... black, cream and white colors. Lots of fun letters, artsy stuff! I love their nests too. I guess I still have an obsession with Prima and their booth was lovely.
3. Maya Road Kraft tags and shapes, trims, and more! WOW... this booth was fun of fun things. I walked around for a bit and loved the gorgeous trim so much.
4. Tim Holtz! Love his new birdcages, pocketwatch, and papers! He was demoing his distress inks in a bottle and I was hooked instantly! Lots of possibilities! He was also staying at our hotel on the SAME floor! We rode the elevator up with him!
|Die cut papers|
|I have to have the entire line!!! Amazing colors and details!|
8. Amy Tangerine for American Crafts. Those of you that know me, know that I have a fetish with Thickers. I love them, hoard them, and collect them. These are awesome from her line... adorable fonts, great colors... fun!!! I also love the papers and embellies too!
|Brandin and I! We've known each other since nursery school! It's great to be able to catch up!|
10. Now, I have to say that Nikki Sivils and Faber Castell are two of the best companies to work for! I am truly blessed to be working on the DT of both. Here I am with Nikki's DT coordinator and right hand woman! It was great to meet you girls! So happy to be able to hug you all and see the booth in person! Dan and Nikki are the real deal and so sweet to boot!
I am serious when I say that the DMC products are my absolute favorites! I can do so much with them and LOVE promoting them and teaching others to get excited over what they can do! In my book, they are truly innovative and high quality art supplies. I will never get tired of using them!
Well, if you've hung in this long, I hope you will let me end this with a heartfelt thanks! I had the best time hanging out with the FB DMC girls and my roommate, Mou. We braved crazy cab drivers, 100 degree heat, and long days on our feet together but it was the most amazing 1st CHA that I will ever have. I am so happy to have been able to attend and work with these girls! I know I missed so much that I will just HAVE to have but these are my favs from what I saw. Hope you enjoyed them! If you leave a comment, I'll pick a winner for a few of the DMC Gelatos ! I'll pick a winner next Friday and I'll be back to blog about the rest of my Italy trip and share some of my CHA projects soon!