Friday, July 2, 2010

Endings and some loose ends

It's a sad day for me. I was abruptly informed that one of my Design Team positions is no longer needed. Major financial changes within Couture Cardstock's parent company, Cardstock Warehouse, has resulted in a complete reorganization and the result is a very abrupt and immediate end to the Couture Cardstock. I am not certain as to the future of Couture Cardstock, all I know is that the direction in which the parent company has decided to go, no longer includes the services of the former staff, including our president, CarrieAnne DeLoach, and all of us designers. If you have any questions, you may contact the Cardstock Warehouse staff directly.

I did not get the opportunity to work with Couture Cardstock for very long. I was honored to be asked to be their very first guest designer back in November and then joined the team in April. I absolutely loved working with the team leaders and girls who made up the creative team there! They are so talented and I know we will see their talents elsewhere soon! While I am still on a few other teams, I was sad to hear that my work and that of the team would not be going to CHA this year and that this company would no longer be as it was before! It was a shock and right in the middle of a wonderful dinner with my girlfriends so at least I had a group to cry on and have a margarita (or 2) with! :)

I will still be creating my art and hanging around other sites and blogs until the next opportunity comes my way. It was an honor to serve on that DT as long as I could.

Here are the CHA projects that I created using the cardstock and some partner company's products:
Survivor
I love this layout!!! I had to make a circle layout and I knew that I wanted to use my friend, Nicole's baby girl, Gwen. She has been through so much! She was a micro premie... meaning that she was born at 27 weeks and weighed less than 2 lbs! She has had a lot to handle. Underdeveloped lungs, some illnesses in the hospital that delayed her going home and slow growth rate. She is a miracle and so beautiful! This photo makes me cry... it's so gorgeous! Her little thumb in her mouth and napping! She is a doll!
I made the ruffles with layers of cardstock and patterned papers. The edges were punched with border punches first and adhered in a ruffled fashion around the edge. Lots of die cut leaves sprayed with glimmer mist! So pretty, just like this little girl!

Nature Found

This one was fun to make! I just got my MM Slice and had a blast cutting leaves, butterflies, and words from the cardstock! I layered and added lots! I sprayed with Olive Vine Glimmer mist and just went crazy! The photos are from a fun photo shoot where Christopher was finding a leaf for the first time! So cute!

Discover Beauty
This was a challenge... pink? Well, you know I'm not a PINK girl. I had fun ripping and layering here and created a banner with patterned papers and cardstock... lots of stitching too.

4 comments:

dolls like us said...

I love what you do you are so talented.

Heidi Kelley said...

Those are so WONDERFUL Jen! I heart them... and you. So sorry I had to be the bearer of bad news during the girls night out... but just talking to you helped lift me out of my funk too. HUGS!!

Andrea Amu said...

I am so sad that we no longer have our dt positions! I loved working with all you girls on the Couture team!

These pages are all sooo amazing, Jen! That circle page with the ruffled edging is wayyy cool! I am so sorry your hard work here will not be seen up close and personal at CHA! Such a bummer! :(

leah said...

aww... sorry for the situation - the layouts are fabulous!